With the weather patterns changing in Canberra, termites are thriving in the warm, moist conditions. Our office has received a large increase in termite related calls by concerned customers in the areas of Gunghalin, Mawson, Giralang, Dunlop, and the Tuggernong. Additionally, termite activity has also begun in the areas of Yass and Goulburn.
We recently attended a property at Chapman ACT to find a Nasutitermes Exitiosus mound coming up through a joint in the concrete slab. Luckily for the customer there were no other signs of termite activity to the home.
How to stop termites
Scenarios such as this serve as a timely reminder for homeowner’s to ensure they have at the least an annual Timber Pest Inspection before its too late and infestations attack homes. This in turn can lead to costly repair bills, disruptions, stress and anxiety and many more complications.
A thorough timber pest inspection and report is the first step towards finding the right solution for your property and budget.
How can I prevent timber pests damaging my home?
Moisture is just one of dozens of environmental conditions that can be found around many homes in Canberra. The most effective way to begin an effective management strategy for your home is to have a timber pest inspection and report conducted as per the Australian Standards which will point out all the conditions that need to be rectified to make your home less susceptible to attack. An inspection will also allow the inspector to formulate a Property Management Plan to ensure your home is protected from future attack from timber Pests.
What does a timber pest inspection include?
A timber pest inspection will cover all readily accessible areas of your property – internal, external, (grounds, trees, fences etc), roof void, sub-floor and outbuildings (sheds, garages etc). Timber pest inspections take approximately two hours to complete on an average sized three bedroom home. Your Timber Pest Inspector will provide you with a detailed written report on:
- Any visual evidence of timber pest activity and the extent of the activity and/or damage located.
- A summary of any timber pest/s identified and a brief description of the potential damage they could to cause to your property.
- How susceptible your property is to Termite attack, by looking at elements in the environment of your property which will make it more conducive to infestation and make recommendations for improving the environment around the property, making it lest suitable for Subterranean Termites and other timber pests.
- Recommendations for a management plan to attack any current infestation and aid in reducing any risk of future infestations.
- Report on any pre existing property management plan and make recommendations to ensure its effectiveness, whilst educating you on its maintenance requirements.
At Amalgamated Pest Control Canberra, we have highly trained, customer focused Timber Pest Technicians and have a great range of products and services and support that will take the pain out of termite management.
If you believe or suspect that you have termites, please contact Amalgamated Pest Control Canberra for further advice.